Friday, June 24, 2011

Fierce Files: Smokey Eye

 I can't begin to tell you how much I love a smokey eye. I often sport this look when I'm having a night on the town. However, depending on the intensity of the colors it can be worn both night or day. I try my best to play with different hues and create a smoldering eye with brown, gold, pink or even green. I opted for green this time around, using my recently purchased E.L.F palette. Take a peek and see how it turned out.







Steps to a Easy Smokey Eye
Be sure to prep eye with primer or concealer before beginning steps 

1.  Apply black eyeliner to upper lash line.

2.  Using  brush, smudge liner from lower lid to crease (or use fingers to smudge)

3.  Apply eyeshadow color of choice to lower lid and blend

4.  Apply a lighter eyeshadow color of choice along crease and blend

5.  Line lower inner lash line with black eyeliner pencil

6.  Add mascara to lashes

What are your favorite makeup looks or tips?

6 comments:

  1. I wish! I can't remember the last time I put on make-up! But you look nice! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NYX cosmetics, they have dupes for everything. They have a few smokey eye kits that are sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing a smokey eye, especially with non traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smokey eye look too:-) You look so pretty...

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice smokey eye. Happy 4th of July...stop by my blog I awarded you a lovely blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to step my makeup game up...really pretty!

    Thanks for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your always welcome to come back.