Sunday, October 12, 2014

I Wanna Review: DreamDry


Blowout  bars have had a big boom over the last few years.  Salons touting blowout only services attached with a cheap price tag,  have popped up just about everywhere across the nation.  While the idea is nothing new, (y'all know Dominican salons have been doing this for the longest. Just saying) I still wanted to give the blow out bar craze a try.  So I decided to book an appointment with DreamDry.  When I  booked my appointment I made it very clear to the salon receptionist that I had afro- textured hair. Yup, I sure did.  This chica wanted to avoid any possibility of a hair disaster.  I was quickly assured that I would  be paired with a stylist who would be knowledgeable of my hair type. 

My appointment day arrived and although I ran a little late I was greeted by my stylist and seated right away once I checked in.  Pause. I'm gonna keep it 100 with y'all or real or whatever the young folks renamed honesty, this small action of starting my appointment on time despite my tardiness, won me over.  If you've had salon experiences like I've had in the past then you know the pure joy of finding a salon that are sticklers for starting hair appointments promptly.  Big Points for Dream Dry. Play. After being seated I had a quick consultation and then was whisked away to the wash bowl where the stylist did a great job introducing the products (Dream Dry uses Oribe products) and their benefits. After completing my wash I was prepped for the blow out using a heat a protectant.  My hair was blown out on a medium heat.  The kind of heat that allowed my hair to be stretched but not pin straight, which was fine by me ( Lord knows I don't need another heat damage scenario in my life. Please and thank you).  Once the blowout was complete my hair was curled with a flat iron, creating great body and waves. Other than my hair looking a  tad bit dry I was happy with the final look. In case your wondering what I mean by dry, my hair didn't appear to have that normal shine I'm used to when getting my hair straightened. I suspected the products had something to do with it but I'm not 100% sure.  Have you tried a blowout bar? If so how was your experience?




Services:
Blowout

Price:
$40 plus tax

Pros:
Quick service
Great price
Great ambiance (They have Ipads to browse while getting you hair done)

Cons:
My hair looked a tad bit dry (I suspected the product had something to do with that)

Grade:
 A-

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Your always welcome to come back.